Bajanart is committed to providing you an enjoyable experience learning about and purchasing Barbadian art while maintaining your privacy. The information that we obtain from you, while using our website or mobile application, helps us to enhance your shopping and browsing experience and provide you with information that is specific to your needs and preferences.
Collection of Information
You can browse the Bajanart.com site without letting us know who you are or by revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Email address, physical contact information. We do not store your financial information.
- Transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as buying, selling and content you generate or that relates to your account).
- Shipping address information you provide to purchase or ship an item.
- Chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through Bajan Art.com, and correspondence sent to us.
- Other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- Additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list).
- Information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference in your Bajanart.com preferences page or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
Use of Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and personal experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request.
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems.
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce Bajanart.com’s User Agreement.
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising.
- Tell you about our services and those of our corporate family, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and listing history.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep our website free of fraudulent persons, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good-faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Information You Share on Bajanart.com
Your Name is displayed throughout Bajanart.com (and so available to the public), and is connected to all of your Bajanart.com activity. Other people can see your artwork for sale, feedback, ratings and associated comments. Notices sent to other marketplace members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites refer to Names and specific items. So people will be able to personally identify your Bajanart.com activities.
If you access our sites from a shared computer certain information about you, such as your Name, activity or reminders from Bajanart.com, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
Using Information from Bajanart.com
Bajanart.com enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users’ contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate transactions. When users are involved in a transaction, they have access to each other’s name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use user information only for:
- Bajanart.com transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages; using services offered through Bajanart.com (e.g. escrow, insurance, shipping and fraud complaints), or other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
We use “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and ensure the overall safety of the Bajanart.com marketplace.
- Allow you to enter your password less frequently during a session.
- Provide information that is targeted to your interests.
- Promote and enforce the safety of our marketplace.
- Measure promotional effectiveness.
- Analyze the Bajanart.com web page flow.
No Spam, Spy-ware or Spoofing
Bajanart.com and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Bajanart.com notification preferences so we communicate to you the way you prefer. You are not licensed to add other Bajanart.com users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report Bajanart.com-related spam or possible fraudulent e-mails to Bajanart.com, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate the Bajanart.com User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our marketplace (via Refer-a-Friend or other tools), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Bajanart.com password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Bajanart.com and change your password.
Important Tips on Choosing a Password:
- Choose a password that is at least 8 characters long with a combination of lower and uppercase letters, numbers, and symbols such as an exclamation mark, or asterisk.
- Choose a password that is personal to you and you only. Do not choose your name, or birthday, your spouse’s name, as these are easily cracked.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to Bajanart.com. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce the Bajanart.com User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications would always remain private.
If your questions are not answered online, you may write to us at: email@example.com